Give Me Time

Give Me Time

I know friend my first hesitation hurt badly
And I saw the pain in your eyes from my questions.
I know you needed a hug then, quite frankly
But instead, I gave you cowardly suggestions.

I know the time has passed and I don’t live that moment
But for you, time doesn't change as you suffer in silence.
I know your forgiveness came as atonement
For our friendship moves on in full vehemence.

I Know they say Love thy neighbor as thy self
But now how do I love those who hate you.
I know your heart is on a closed closet shelf
Crying out to love freely like everyone else too.

I know you live a life masked by sarcasm
To protect yourself from mockery and intolerance.
I know you put up a false enthusiasm
For a world that judges with no consequence.

I know the time for realization is creeping near
So heed my plea and let your resistance not fade away
Give me time once again to change this world for you my dear
Don’t lose hope for I want you to be happy and not gray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?