Work For Home


Work For Home

A brighter smile they could not be
When your team you daily have to see
A deeper frown is forever drawn
The moment you reach your home's lawn

You couldn't catch more bees with that sweetness
You have left it for family, oh this bitterness
No problem you will do it, in every meeting you say
As the dishes lay dirty waiting for you everyday

With every congratulation and new responsibility
You ignore more family time or bonding opportunity
Oh c'mon, your badge of busyness is so heavy
If not you, who will understand me, my dearie

But soon your hip will be wider and pockets deeper
Little ones joining the race and home growing quieter
Suddenly your back will be weaker and your boss younger
Old friends busier, your opinion less sought after

So I say, decline that meeting the world will move on
Surprise your family with some tickets, this very dawn
This is my last warning for I am time, let be your tomb
“He didn’t work for a bigger house, just worked for a happy home”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?