Blessed Morning

You cruel bright thing who plays with time

And shamelessly kindles hope without consequence

For the birds chirping feeds the fire

That today is the first day of new beginnings


You rob me the luxury of dilemmas

And push me to choose the hard path

The moment the sun touches my feet

I have to accept the reality of what has to be done


You break the resolve of a disgruntled lover

For she forgets the strife of the night before

Only to roll over and smile at his face

and turn the bitterness for another do-over


You wake me up with joy from the night before

Only to deny me the sorrow of a lost mother

For you force relentlessly, nothing but rejoicing

I wish you never were, Oh you evil blessed Morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?