The One


The One
A whole lifetime spent searching for the one
Led to paths both young and fun
Alas! the mind told, let’s stop this now
The hour has come, take on the plough

For what you desire lives in books
Meant for those with money or looks
There is a journey you must take
For all the others and your sake

So, we walked the road all had taken
Too coward, forbid the boat be shaken
Feeling a mirth that often left quickly
Leaving behind emptiness, oh so gently

Oh! but fate is a cruel joker mon ami
Never leaving you to truly heal or just be
For it works the mind and ignores the soul
Moving you on towards the next goal

So we chose company as the measure
Ignoring passion thinking it was a leisure
The mind can be fooled but not the other
For he went away, and faded into the cold winter

Do come back my dear, I will try harder
To love deeper and to laugh louder
For hope is my friend and resolve my power
I will love you myself, for you are The One, from now and forever



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?