My Setting Sun (To the one who will never stop loving me)

My Setting Sun
(To the one who will never stop loving me)

Slowly the waves come calling to you
As your radiance gleams with every hue
Time is a cruel companion who comes
for a visit
Only with a question, can this be it?

For your time has been spent longing for us
While we moved on, never stopping to make a fuss
Strangers around us always knew your worth
With all your colors that brought forth mirth

Every shade that once shouted out brilliance
Now cries out to teach us lessons in resilience
You have walked on the waters of faith so long
Always hoping that we would come along

But now it is with gentleness that you linger
Not like a loud gong or a sharp splinter
You leave us a warmth for the coldness ahead
Without worrying about the darkness you will wed

Alas, I refuse you to let you fade away my lovely
For I don’t want to be dawn without a dusk
Because without you what am, I ask

Be forever my setting sun, until all of my life’s work is done

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?