Oh Darkness

Oh Darkness
You rise with resolve at the dusk of every morn
With never a blossomed flower to welcome you
They spoke first of you in the book of books
Oh my child but even today they try to chase you

When you approach thoughts spawn in lonely souls
But you still smile and set out to protect the homeless
Your cold hand stifles the courage of the young girl
Oh my child but even today you fight what malice whispers

Your cold hand plants doubt in the brave soldier at the post
But you still continue to feed the woman of the night
You want to help but with you travelers are always lost
Oh my child but even today you still want to do what’s right

The silence and the dead are your only friends
For all come to you but never with trust that is strong or true
You were born this way to serve the world

Oh Darkness, how your mother needs you but can’t love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?