Comfort of the Shadows

Comfort of the Shadows

As we walked home from school everyday
All eyes were on you without any shame
I was always let to be carefree... to run and play
But we held onto you tighter to your dismay

Little did you know what was lurking out there
A lust for those born a certain way
You always laughed it off in your ignorance
Never to fathom the perverseness of perception

Am I bad for envying the attention you got?
Or am I bad for the relief I now sought?
For while some eyes loved you and your heart
Some minds crept over inch they saw

While the world told me my reflection could be better
I knew that what I was, always kept me safer
You were told to laugh less and love carefully
While I was cheered on for anyone who loved me dearly

Dear sister, I still wish I was born in your likeness
Not because thats what the world told me
But because it would give me a chance
to share in the darkness of your fairness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?