You are stronger

 You are stronger


The 3rd day...the 11th day...the 40th day

They understood the tears, the pain, the inertia

Old memories deliberated, a life was celebrated

With promises to cherish her treasured paraphernalia


Oh Mother why did you teach me so to care

For even in the deepest sorrow that courses

Others blissfully, endlessly, ignorantly, leaned on

So the tears are stifled as an empty smile rises 


Then suddenly with every sign of happiness they saw

The more they wanted, the less despair they tolerated

I was not ready to accept their encouragement

Because their words were intended for their convenience


So now I wait for the loneliness of the night 

As your broken smile, your memories and me wander

Let the darkness engulf me in all its comfort

As it hides my silent mourning a little longer


For time with all its love to offer

Will not stop telling me that I am stronger

And the world with all its patience to render

Cannot stop saying c'mon c'mon ...move on...you are stronger 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bought A Pregnancy Test

The Freedom of Expression

What I want?